But instead of trying to attract a mate, we are trying to attract local residents to explore the arts. Our nest isn’t completely ready yet, but we’re excited to announce the newest additions to our collection of specialized equipment.
All the way from North Royalton OH
- furniture, cuts, quoins, galley trays, composing sticks, and a lovely cursive script type face from the retired collection of a longtime lover of letterpress
- the former owner worked over 40 years as a barber by day and a printer by night creating printed ephemera for the town ranging from voting ballots to wedding invitations.
Hailing from Mansfield OH
- a 5×8 Kelsey Excelsior press that was brand new in 1945. A WWII veteran bought it after returning home from the war. This model spins counterclockwise as opposed to newer models that spin clockwise.
- a ten drawer type cabinet (the drawers match the baby blue of the press!)
Special Delivery from Columbus OH
- several beautiful refurbished Singer sewing machine along with bobbins, needles, and sewing manuals
- the donor is a quilting enthusiast with a passion for education and outreach. He has an eye for intricate patterns and fabulous antiquery.