I don’t recall the exact inspiration for creating a colorblindness test, but I went whole hog and created the drawing sketch, permanent marker films, exposed the screens, and printed red and green in less than a day. The image is an adaptation of this reductive woodcut print. I’ve reworked the image several times. I got a lot of practice drawing and coloring in circles of slightly different sizes.
Here are the two screen printing film separated out into green (left) and red. The films have black ink in order to block out the light of the exposure unit, but once the screen is exposed the black areas are where ink of any color can pass through.
Tah-dah! This was printed on a shirt and due to time constraints the varying shades and tints were added with a brush. I also made prints on paper that look great and I’d like to continue the series.